Friday, October 10, 2008

lesson learned...(again)

Today we had the special treat of cousin A spending the day with us. We went off to little hearts club at church lots of fun for all of us! I really enjoyed the lesson today I felt like I was really hearing something that God has been trying to tell me for weeks ok years but it has been on my mind the last few weeks a lot.I left motivated in so many ways but also feeling like I still had not heard all I was supposed to. So I set out about the fun plan I had to take pictures of the kids. My hope was to get some artsy type pictures outside. Well that is not what I got. Ever feel like you have the idea in your head but what actually appears when your done is not the same. Well that is what happened here...



Cute but not the look I was going for....


Please look at mommy.


Feeling frustrated I kind of gave up posing or should I say having aunt M pose them and decided to do what comes natural to me. I let the kids just play and tried to get the best shot I could. I had no idea I would get a picture like this of Little Miss with such a big smile. She peeked through the tree to say hi to Aunt M.

Then It hit me as I was looking through the pictures at home. There was something to be learned here...
1. When trying something new use models that can be posed and stay still long enough to get a picture :)
2. most important I need to relax and just let it happen and I mean that in all areas of my life, when I stop trying to control things and trying to do them my way something beautiful can happen. Yes Lord, I heard you, if I let go you will make my mess something beautiful something more beautiful then I can imagine.