Tuesday, September 7, 2010

book reviews


I had the chance this summer to read the book "The Boy who Changed the world" by Andy Andrews. I loved the idea of how a chain of events led to great things. How the story of each boys choice to do good and strive for great things made a way for the next boy and so on till you have the story of how the super seed come about. I liked how the Author never really said one boys achievement ment more then the other but how they all worked together. I wish there would have been a bit more details about each boys life, it was such a sort snip it of each one. My 5 year old liked the book and was full of all kinds of questions. I love books that offer a chance to really talk with my kids. My 3 year old was not that interested but she liked the illustrations. I don't think it is a book that we will read over and over again but one I am glad we took the time to read at least once. This book as a parent helped remind me of the hope I have for my children to do great things that make a difference. It truly is the little things put together that make the big things happen.


I also had the opportunity to read the Butterfly effect also by Andy Andrews. The principle is the same as "The boy who changed the world" . How one persons actions can change the history of the world. The Author uses story from History to show the effects of one persons choice. This would be a great gift for someone who is just graduating or looking for some motivation to do something different with their life. The examples he uses are interesting and a good mini history lesson. A fairly short read that has the possibility to change the way you think about your life. It is not a book I would read over and over as I found it a bit dry at times. It did have some interesting stories through history that show the point that one action by a single person can change the world.

This was a down loaded book copy so I don't have it to give away this time. ou can find the book at local book stores now.

No comments: