Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Tasty Tuesdays
Each Tuesday that I post I will share with you a recipe my family enjoys or one we can't wait to try. Today I am going to share with you one of the things I made for the kids for back to school breakfast. Banana Chocolate chip muffins were a big hit I did however forget to take a picture so you will have to use your imagination or make some yourself :)
They were eaten up so fast and the kids asked again this morning if I could make some more today. I originally found the recipe on another blog and can't remember which one. I have added a few things and changed some to fit out families taste.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

preheat oven 350 degrees

Combine-
4cups of flour
2 tsp Baking soda
2tsp Salt
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup butter softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
6 ripe bananas mashed
1 cup mini chocolate chips (the mini chips really are the best but you could use regular but you might need to add a bit more)

Spoon mix into greased muffin tin and bake about 25 min.

My Oldest just entered Kindergarden and I can't believe how big he is getting. He started the year off with a new bunk bed, a loose tooth and his first season of soccer. We celebrated the day before school with special alone time with mom, while Little Miss was with dad. Little Mister and I went to get Lunch at his place of choice. I am looking forward to when his choice is no longer McDonalds. That night we made dinner together as a family and then enjoyed a family rock band night and early to bed.





How was your first week back to school?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing the pictures of Colin all spiffied up in his school clothes...he looks so cute! Good to hear he will be playing soccer--would love to see him play. A loose tooth already!?!? Hope to hear more about his school days.
GS & G-GS

Jen said...

Loving the new day stuff- the muffins sound yummy- I might have to try them!

Unknown said...

Your muffins sound wonderful! My kids weren't big breakfast eaters, but they loved muffins- so I made muffins a lot and figured that was a pretty healthy breakfast I could make ahead of time and they were happy with.