Wednesday, December 23, 2009

advent19-22

Sorry so far behind but Christmas is just days away and I just finished the last of the gifts tonight. I started a project for our family christmas and it was not working so I had to start fresh with a whole new idea UGG! Well it is finished and now I will wrap presents tomorrow night. My new years resolution this year is have all the home made gifts done by September!
On to our advent activities. The 19th was Cornstarch clay snowman. I made two batches and both did not turn out so I added flour to it to thicken it up and let the kids add sequence to it. THey loved it and so will santa he is getting the projects as his present for christmas. Their idea not mine :)


Saturday we also had so much fun attending A Night in Bethlehem an amazing family event put on by Tualatin Hills Christian church. The kids had so much painting, making pottery, writing there names on a scroll and sealing it with wax, working in the leather shop, rolling dough, making a top in the wood shop, and visiting Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus in the Manger. This was a huge hit and the kids look forward to going again.



The 20th the kids colored wooden Ornaments they got from the craft store. Then on Monday the 21 they made some super cute wooden block picture ornaments. I will have to show you after Christmas as they are a gift for someone :)
Today the kids helped wrap presents and then we watched a movie together. I loved this picture, a bit out of focus but still I love it.

Just two more activities! Are you ready for the Holidays to be here?

No comments: