Thursday, January 12, 2012

Word of the year

As each year comes to an end I love to reflect back and remember the joy, struggles, lessons learned, and moments Celebrated. Last years word Celebrate was inspired by the book "Cold Tangerines" a blessing wrapped up in a book given to me by a dear friend.  Well this years word came to me the same exact way. My dear friend seems to know just what my soul needs and each year gives me a book for my birthday that is refreshing, challenging, and life changing with each and every page. Just like the year before the book was given to me in April and it seems I don't open it's pages till December. For what ever the reason I wait to read the book I am always annoyed that I waited to read such eye opening heart changing words. This years current book "One thousand Gifts" which has touched my heart, challenged my thoughts and inspired me to truly stop and see God. So not only have I found my word of the year within the pages of this gift but I too have found a challenge. This year I will with my family make our list of one thousand gifts and make this year are year to be GRATEFUL!
 My highlighter sits ready to use as I read through this book. It is one of those books you make yourself read but once you start you don't ever want to put it down. I will leave you with one of the many quotes i love from this book as I challenge you to even just for today stop and find one gift to say Thank you for. 
"In naming that which is right before me, that which I'd otherwise miss. The invisible becomes visible. The space that spans my inner emptiness fills in the naming. I name. And I know the face I face. God's! God is in the details; God is in the moment. God is all that blurs by in life- even in the hurts in a life"
  If you are willing I would love to hear your word of the year or one thing that you are grateful for today. I will try to share with you some things from our list through out the next year. 





1 comment:

Angie said...

I found her blog during advent and have been following it. I've been wanting to read her book. It's on my wish list. Also, been planning to print out her calender to record the three a day gratefuls. Do you have the app?