Saturday, September 13, 2008

Brought To You By The Letter A


This week we started a little mini preschool at home and the kids are loving it. They will love it even more when I work it out to get together with their buddies who are joining us in this adventure too.(sorry work stuff has filled my week) Little Mister has been asking me to teach him to read for months. So I decided we would work on his letters and sounds over the next year. The second part to it that I am really excited about is that we are also working on the fruits of the spirit, as a family we can all use help with these.:) Each night Little Mister gets a black square if he can remember a time he or someone else was patient that day. We hang them up to see how many we can get. Each month will be a new color, shape and fruit of the spirit. I am having so much fun with the kids and keeping finding new ideas. Here is some of the things we did this week.
Played together with our little people animals and worked on teaching Little Miss some of the sounds animals make. My favorite one she does is a frog, very scary frog sound:)

Making Alphabet soup

with apple pie for dessert

Painting with apples, Little miss could not stop smiling she loved this.

They worked together on this for about 40min. I love it when they play like this!

Soon the paint was no longer on the paper but all over Little Miss. Lucky for me my years working in preschool came in handy as I made it with mostly soap and very little paint.

they played in the water to wash up for so long all that needed to be washed off in the bath was little Miss's hair

Practice writing our letter a

Hope you had an Amazing week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that Colin is interested in learning to read, as I know how much he loves books and I hope learning the alphabet is going well. Keep up the good work, Colin! Darling pictures!!
G-GS

Missarrie said...

Absolutely, awesome, way of teaching! Awe-inspiring to others to be motivated to learn from your ideas. Hope you have an astounding week; looking forward to hearing about “B”.