Sunday, March 7, 2010

Knitting a way to africa

My amazing little sister is taking a missions trip to Africa this summer. I could not be more excited for her as this has been a dream of hers for a very long time! I just know she is going to be snuggling every little child and be heart broken when she has to come home but have had the experience of a lifetime. I wish I could go with her just to take pictures of the whole thing. My Aunt Marie has started a group on facebook hoping to help Melissa raise her support money but I thought some of you non facebook people would be interested in hearing about it.
Here is What she has to say:
What have I been doing since we closed the Tigard Sub Shop you ask? I have been "Knitting A Way to Africa" for my niece Melissa. I have been knitting dish cloths and would like to sell them to support her in her efforts to raise money.

My goal is 200 dish cloths; I am selling them for $2.50 each. If you would like to order please make your check payable to Tigard Christian Church and mail it to Marie Marr, P.O. Box 230471, Tigard, Oregon 97281. If you would like a specific color please let me know, if you do not care I will choose for you. If you need to have it mailed to you please provide me with a 6"x9" envelope self-addressed, and stamped (two will fit in this size envelope) postage for one (1) cloth is .61 cents and .17 cents for each additional cloth.

I will make the cloths in the order that payment is received; your canceled check can serve as your receipt.
The team deadline for donations is March 31, 2010 and all funds will need to be received in order for Melissa to receive credit. Please understand that I will not be able to complete all of the dish cloths by March 31, 2010, but I will make them in the order I receive them, and hopefully be able to meet everyone's request.

This is in association with Tigard Christian Church
http://www.tigardcc.org; Christian Missionary Fellowshiphttp://cmfi.org; Hope Missions Internationalhttp://www.hopemissionsintl.org

I will keep you posted on the number of cloths all of you have ordered.

So my friends please join me in helping Melissa.

No comments: