Tuesday, January 20, 2009

feeling crafty and thrifty

Thank you so much to all of you who made comments on my last post. I really love hearing your stories too!!! I look forward to continuing to learn more about you as you read about our family adventures.
Being inspired by a blog karen my amazing mother in law showed me last summer thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com I have tried to spy thrifty crafts to do at home. A few weeks ago while at the fabric storeI found some cute "stickers" in the dollar bin, some beads for a necklace, and some foam hearts.
 
After finding some left over ribbon at home I put together this cute garland for our mantel.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

Same day I found wooden hearts at Michael's 8 for a dollar plus another cute sticker word for $1. I went home added some paint and ribbon and made these to hang in the hallway doorframe.
 
Posted by Picasa

Total cost on both projects $5.35
Any suggestions on what to use to hang these with I used clear tape and they keep falling down?
Do you have any Valentines projects you are working on?

No comments: