Friday, August 8, 2008

Power Lab

We just finished an amazing week of day camp(AKA VBS) called Power Lab at church. Little Mister got to join in with the big kids this year and had a blast! The conversations we have had at home are amazing. Last night he was full of questions. All about if we can't see Jesus is he real or pretend? What is heaven like? Does Jesus go to the grocery store in heaven when he is hungry? Is the parking lot in heaven really big because lots of people want to see Jesus? This morning after a melt down in the car.we said a quick prayer and a few moments later I hear this voice behind me say" I am sorry mom, was that a sin to not control my temper?, but you know what, God forgives me and throws all my sins in the trash!" I look back thru the mirror with I must admit misty eyes and see he is wanting to say more so I wait..." mom Jesus forgets but I don't forget..." so we talk about love and forgiveness what that is all about. What a blessing to be reminded by my 3yr old that is what it is all about God's love is so much bigger then we can even imagine that are mistakes are taken away and even if we and those around us still see them and remember but God doesn't he see his blessed child and in that is our hope!
Here are a few pictures of the week.


1 comment:

Missarrie said...

It sounds as if your day camp (VBS) was the same theme that we had at ours. We had reports that the children had a wonderful week; it sounds as if your day camp went well too.

I always find it amazing what we can learn from children. Your conversation with Colin reminds me of the song “Jesus I heard you had a big house”. I also received an email that I will forward to you about forgiveness; what a powerful tool if we choose to use it and accept it.

Did you see our new family additions? Check out my blog. Love you and thank you for sharing your week. Aunt Marie