Friday, June 4, 2010

fathers day ideas

So I was asked by a few people if I had any ideas for fathers day gifts. While the kids enjoy a movie I will take some time to show you some ideas I found and some ideas I had written down.

*How about for the guy who likes to BBQ - a dry rub mix in a container with a homemade label. You can find all kinds of recipes on line.
*Martha Stewart has a recipe for BBQ sauce that might be fun to try as well. Check out the cute labels she has too.


*Other ideas from Martha Stewart include book mark
Travel Kit
photo card
DIY cuff links


*How about a new movie or video game and his favorite snacks. I loved this idea I saw on the blog The Idea room


*or how about give the movie or game with some yummy homemade Carmel popcorn. Check out Your homebased mom for lots of different Carmel corn ideas.


* a photo book which you can include quotes from your kids about their dad. Some other things you could add are what they think a dad does at work, what are his favorite things, what do they enjoy doing with him, what kinds of things does he take care of at home, What is the best part of being a dad, what is the worst. I bet you get some great answers. For older kids have them write a letter to dad including favorite memories. The 5x7 books go together pretty fast. If you got to Shutterfly on facebook and click the like button you will receive a code to enter on their site for a FREE photo book. The offer expires June 30

*you could order a FREE 8x10 canvas of a favorite picture from canvas people. You pay 14.99 shipping or you can upgrade the size for more money. Click on the link to find out more. Make sure you check your colors!!!

*Last idea is to plan a fun family day or even one for once a month, Check out the blog 365 things to do in Portland for some fun ideas.

Hope this helps! I am sure there will be more ideas showing up on the web soon as fathers day approaches, If I see some good ones I will post them. If you have any ideas of your own please share your ideas in the comments.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the wonderful ideas!!! Great ones!