Saturday, June 13, 2009

sewing machine overload

This year I got to come up with a few things for decor on our women's retreat at church. When I picked out fabric Little miss kept saying pretty to one of the prints so I purchased some to make her a dress...

I got the pattern from a book my sis molly loaned me called The weekend sewer. I love this book I also made aprons and adapted a pattern to make place mat. I also found a great tutiorial (http://allysonhill.typepad.com/photos/wipeclean_coaster_tutoria/index.html) on how to make coasters...



I found these cute clipboards at craft ware house. I painted them white and modepodged some cute paper onto them then used some rub on decals to add some embellishments.

Found these frames at the dollar store. I used left over paper from above project and found some cute scrapbook embellishments, the second one says joy in white letters.

found these at the dollar store too and just added ribbon to them.

I found this mirror can you guess where... yes the dollar store. I was surrounded by a very ugly silver and pink plastic frame. I tore the frame off used my friendly modgepodge,some paper, ribbon and made this...



I had so much fun and may have to recreate some of these come christmas time :)

6 comments:

mclegg17 said...

you are so crafty friend!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! You are very talented and creative! I love all of the things you made! I love the $store too! I get lots of things for Sunday School there.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, you amaze me!!!!

LH

dianeb said...

I was hopping onto your blog to look at your "2 year pictures" and found this post - WOW! you are the craft queen!
I LOVE the dress! - I haven't sewn in soooo long! you do a good job! EVERYTHING is so cute!

Ashley said...

Dude!!! Who are you momma's?!

Anonymous said...

You are turning into quite the seamstress - you won't be needing my help anymore!LOL I will probably be asking you for help. Glad you are enjoying sewing - it is a dying art! Miss Melney