Friday, March 23, 2012

Sunny Sunday afternoon

 In February one sunny Sunday afternoon after church Miss C asked me to take some pictures of her. I of course said YES!!! While daddy and brother played their video game the girls headed outside. We had so much fun! Miss C picked where she wanted to stand and the "poses" she wanted to make. My favorite kind of model.
    As I look over the picture from that afternoon I am struck by the fact she is growing up so fast. I know what you are thinking she is only four but I can not believe just how fast the time has gone. I love her personality and her spunk. I can not begin to tell you the many ways she has blessed my life. I realize I am often rushing so fast through each day with my to do list and errands that I often forget to stop and enjoy right now. The chance to pretend with her, play yet another round of sorry or Candyland, giggle over silly things, imagine a whole world where Barbie can do anything, attend school where she teaches me so many things, read another book, and so much more. I am missing the very reason I wanted to be a mom. House cleaning and cooking are not my purpose while they play a part in the bigger picture of motherhood they are not the greatest part. The part I love most and some days I do the least of is just stopping and be here in this moment! Well I could go on and on but we  are off to pick up Mister C from school and get a special treat to celebrate SPRING BREAK which I hope to fill with lots of special moments.
  I hope you enjoy these pictures from our moment together one sunny Sunday...







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is growing way to fast. I love what a fashionista she is. She has such personality. Great job capturing who she is.

-sissa-

Anonymous said...

So fun to see the photos. Looks like you had a great afternoon!

Words of warning....the older they get the faster times goes! Shouldn't it be the other way around? You are wise to cherish the moments. I have never regretted the time I spent with my kids.

jp2

btw...I like our photo 'signature'