Wednesday, September 1, 2010

learning

I know I have written about this before but my heart is heavy this summer and God is teaching me so much!!! This summer some of our prayers answers have been no. While I try to work through the whys I have heard from fellow believers that maybe God was teaching us a lesson, maybe we need to have more faith, maybe we didn't pray enough. To which sometimes I admit I fall in those traps and question what could have I done more. Then God stops me and reminds me over and over again that every good and perfect gift comes from Him! Our pain, our heartache is not from God we live in a fallen world.Our joy despite our pain. the smile that breaks through the tears, the unexplainable peace in moments of turmoil, the words of comfort that heal heartbreak, the kindness of strangers, grace, the bond and friendship made for a few hours in the hospital waiting room that offers hope and a break from worry while you wait, the smile and hugs of a child, friendships that comfort and help you grow, those are from God. When we take time to slow down and see God our hearts will smile. When a little girl wakes up from surgery with a smile and is already improving from what the doctors said 10 min before that is from God, cancer is not!

Every good and perfect gift comes from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like sifting shadows. James 1:17



And we know in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Roman 8:28

Have you had any "God Sightings" this week?

No comments: